We had the best time at the LuminoCity Festival last year, and were instantly mesmerized by the magical this world filled with art, lights, and cool displays. They just announced that they will be back this season from November 27th, 2020 – January 10th, 2021.
This year’s event will be socially-distanced and a timed-entry experience for guests. It will also include a new theme and never-before-seen art installations featuring a wonderland of fantastical ancient civilizations, lush luminated jungles, and mystical towering light art displays over 30-feet high.
Guests can visit for a 30-45 minute walking tour, narrative journey through five distinct sets, which bring to life chapters of an original story starring Lumi, a magical light bulb and the host of the festival.
- Lumi’s Journey:
- The main park will include a 30-45 minute walking, narrative journey through five, new, distinct sets – Mysterious Forest, Dangerous Dunes, Forgotten Ruins, Hidden Land of Hria, and Mystical Moon Land.
- These sections bring to life chapters of an original story starring Lumi, a magical light bulb and the host of the festival.
- “Pop Culture” area: visitors will encounter 12 light sculptures of famous cat & dog influencers – including @smoothiethecat – reimagined as the 12 zodiac constellations.
- The Mini Gallery introduces the history and culture behind lantern-making traditions that inspired the origin of LuminoCity, as well as a behind the scenes look at the light construction.
- The Lumi Gift Shop will offer an array of merchandise such as the brand new, limited edition Lumi Night Light.
- Food trucks will be on-site and lined up to offer warm treats.
- A glistening 26ft. tall Christmas Tree, decked with bulbs will be at the end of the park.
Health & Safety Information:
To ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience for all, updates to the event’s operations this year include:
● Designated time slots and strict ticket capacities
● Mandatory mask wearing by all visitors and staff
● Daily temperature checks for both staff and visitors
● Maintained physical distancing throughout the park via staff, signage and floor stickers
● Hand sanitizing stations
● Regular cleaning and disinfecting conducted throughout the event each day
● Completely open-air event with the exception of the gift shop, where strict capacity will
● Single direction pathways and no re-entry
Dates & Hours of Operation:
Festival Hours – 4:00PM – 10:00PM
Festival Dates –
● November: Friday, 11/27 – Sunday, 11/29
● December: Thursday, 12/3 – Sunday, 12/6; Thursday, 12/10 – Sunday, 12/13; Wednesday, 12/16 – Sunday, 12/20; Wednesday, 12/23 and Friday, 12/25 – Wednesday 12/30
● January: Friday, 1/1 – Sunday, 1/3 and Friday, 1/8 – Sunday, 1/10
A limited number of tickets will be available for each designated time slot. Time slots will be strictly enforced to maintain capacity. Tickets must be purchased online, as there is no on-site box office due to health & safety protocols.
- General Admission – $38
- GA+ Light the Night – $68 – Includes express check-in for faster entry, a complimentary Lumi Night Light, and 15% off at the LuminoCity Festival gift shop (on-site only)
- Kids (ages 3-12) – $22 – Children under 3 are free
- Student – $32 – Any student ID from an academic institution is valid
- Senior – $32 – Must have valid ID upon admission