Exciting news from Lincoln Square as they recently announced some upcoming cultural happenings and events! Check out the list below and be sure to some of these fun happenings at Lincoln Square this fall/winter — and beyond.
Current and upcoming cultural happenings at Lincoln Square:
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts has reopened with almost nightly performances from the Metropolitan Opera, New York City Ballet, Jazz at Lincoln Center, The Juilliard School, the New York Philharmonic, Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, American Ballet Theatre (ABT) and screenings from Film at Lincoln Center.
- Kaufman Music Center where aspiring and emerging local artists will surprise audiences with their artistic sounds at Merkin Hall.
- The American Folk Art Museum, a neighborhood hidden gem, features colorful pieces of self-taught artists whose work was inspired by personal experiences.
- The Big Apple Circus returns to Damrosch Park from November 11, 2021 to January 20, 2022 with immersive experiences and out of this world performances for families from artists around the world.
Restaurant openings and reopenings in recent weeks include:
- Atlantic Grill (50 W. 65th St. between Broadway and Central Park West) – Under new ownership with the Monte Carlo Hospitality Group and Chef Antonio Salvatore, their new menu features a Mediterranean flair with fresh seafood and gourmet meats in a beautifully designed, modern space.
- Boulud Sud (20 West 64th St between Broadway and Central Park West) – Chef Daniel Boulud’s Mediterranean inspired restaurant reopened just in time for the opera.
- The Grand Tier Restaurant inside the Metropolitan Opera (30 Lincoln Center Plaza) – Recently reopened for dinner, and guests do not need a Metropolitan Opera ticket to dine.
- Lincoln Ristorante (142 W. 65th St. at Lincoln Center Plaza) – Now reopened for dinner with a brand new, fall menu with amazing dishes including Branzino and Black Angus Filet Mignon.
- PJ Clarke’s, Lincoln Square (44 W. 63rd St. at Columbus Ave) – Reopened in September, PJ’s famous sliders and parmesan truffle fries are back, Thursdays through Sundays from noon to 10:00pm.
- Gourmet Square (201 Amsterdam Ave. at W. 69th St) – A brand new deli for grab and go breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner, open 24/7.
- Center Bar (10 Columbus Circle) – An elegant restaurant, wine bar and cocktail lounge that recently reopened in Deutsche Bank Center.
New, additional businesses also coming to the neighborhood soon include:
- DiDi Dumpling (201 Amsterdam Ave at W. 69th St) – Fans of dumplings, pot stickers and more are in for a treat when this new Chinese eatery opens.
- El Fish Shack (153 Amsterdam Ave at W. 67th St) – A New England-style seafood joint by restaurateurs Chef Julian Medina & Louis Skibar is putting the finishing touches on its new space.
- Mamoun’s Falafel (152 Columbus Ave. between W. 66th St. and W. 67th St) – One of the best restaurants for Middle Eastern food is working on its new space and will be opening soon.
- Rosetta Bakery (1928 Broadway at W. 64th St) – This Miami-based Italian bakery recently signed a lease for its first NYC location right in Lincoln Square, and it will warm the hearts of locals and visitors, alike.
- VSV (Vin Sur Vingt) Wine Bar (161 Amsterdam Ave at W. 67th St) – This new wine bar will feature a rotating selection of fine wine and food.
A new pet store in the old HSBC space at 2025 Broadway and UNOde50, a Jewelry store selling unique products handcrafted in Spain inside the Shops at Columbus Circle, are coming soon to the neighborhood as well.
For more information on the Lincoln Square BID, please visit www.lincolnsquarebid.org.