We are so excited for the 2017 New York Times Travel Show that will feature numerous presentations for attendees interested in activities for younger travelers. Open to the public on Saturday and Sunday (Jan. 28-29) for two days, you can expect to find awesome on-site deals and offers, travel seminars, tips from professionals at Meet the Experts programs, stage performances, and other features.
The Travel Show is also presenting a new feature, the Family Travel Pavilion, a dedicated area divided into exhibit booth space, a Presentation stage and a Kids demonstration area, where kids can experience culinary classes, arts & crafts projects, face painting and travel-related activities. The pavilion will also showcase leading players in the Family travel space, including lodges, resorts, destinations, cruise lines and dude ranches.
Some of presentations of the Family Travel Pavilion include:
- Ross Levi, Vice President of I LOVE NY, who will share top destinations for families to travel within the state of New York.
- Learn about the hidden gems and can’t-miss experiences of Southcentral Alaska.
- Lebanese cuisine culinary star and PBS personality Julie Taboulie takes kids on a creative, colorful and culinary exploration of fresh flavors from the Finger Lakes region, presented by Visit Syracuse. Book signing to follow.
- Taste the Dumplings Before You Travel: Travel to Ukraine welcomes participants and their families to discover varenyky — a Ukrainian traditional dish — presented by Veselka restaurant located in N.Y.C.’s East Village. Book signing to follow.
- Sally Black, acclaimed author and owner of Vacation Kids Travel Agency, will provide insights on how travel agents can really help parents plan the ultimate family getaway.
- How to plan an Amazon Family Adventure: From upscale river cruises to rustic lodges, International Expeditions’ experts discuss options to reconnect with nature in the Amazon rain forest.
- Ranjana Armstrong, Founder of nugget.travel, a community of family explorers making aspirational trips achievable and ordinary trips more enjoyable, will provide hacks on how to successfully travel with children.
- Georgia Aquarium: Over 10 Years of Awe-Inspiring Wonder: Learn about Georgia Aquarium, their programs, events and exhibits and receive giveaways.
- Kitchen Talk on L.G.B.T. Family Travel: Join celebrity chef Art Smith and his daughter, Zuky Francis Smith Salgueiro in the kitchen for tips on baking their favorite family chocolate cake — along with tips on L.G.B.T. family travel from Karen L. Christensen, the deputy assistant secretary for Overseas Citizens Services at the U.S. Department of State.
Some additional highlights at this year’s Show include a “Selfie Station” hosted by the Georgia Aquarium, where children can snap a picture under the sea; a LEGO®-building contest for kids under twelve, hosted by MSC Cruises; and the “Discover Costa Rica Challenge,” where participants can download an online program for activities and games throughout the Travel Show’s Kids Activity Zone, hosted by Il Viaggio Travel.
For more info, please visit: www.NYTimes.com/TravelShow