Celebrate the culture and pride of Africa at the Wakanda 4Ever Celebration in Mount Vernon, NY on September 4th!
A family-friendly event, the day will include music, dance, food, children’s activities, and more.
Check out more below and be sure to register for your free ticket.
- COVID-19 Vaccine provided by Mount Vernon Neighborhood Health Center
- Luangisa Wearable Art Fashion Show
- Shopping featuring curated selection from Luangisa African Gallery with home decor, African art, hand-woven baskets, fashion, and jewelry
- Extraordinary line up of stellar Artists, Designers and Creators of African descent
- Live African Band Drummers & Dancers
- Children’s Message & Storytelling
- Black Panther Characters
- Crafts for Kids
- African & American, and Caribbean Food, and more!
Shop at the Wakanda Celebration
- Luangisa African Gallery
- Ashanti Fields Collection
- Tribal Truths Collection
- K. I. Jewelry by Melody Burns
- Alexander Boyce Studios
- The Brownstone
- Brooklyn Headline Expressions
- Eco Wrist
- My Africa Style
- African Accents
- Mini Moments
- Wanted Designs Face Painting
- African Holistic Health Chapter
- Shailah Edmonds
- Chef Ed
- Veggie Grub
- Out of Afrika Cuisine
10:15am: Libation Opening of the Way
11:00am: Ice Cold Drumline
12:00pm: Fusha Dance
12:00: Wakanda Face Painting Face Painting with Patricia Anthony
12:40: Watoto Village Storytime Terri Davis/Chink Pope. Songs, movement and drinks for kids 5 and up. Faces of Wakanda Photo Booth.
1:00pm: Koku Gonza
2:00pm: RBG Girlz
3:00pm-4:15pm: Kaïssa & Live Band
4:00pm: Remarks by Luangisa African Gallery*
5:00pm: Luangisa Wearable Art Experience with PitSira Ragophala YaMabala and Live Band “A global fashion experience”
7:15pm: Mao Luangisa DJ