Last year, before COVID, my family and I took some incredible pictures in Jane Goodrich‘s studio. As an award-winning, New York-based photographer, Jane is renowned for her newborn and children’s photography — known as the “baby whisperer” due to her unique ability to rapidly create a safe and relaxing environment for her newborn photoshoot.
And like many of us, she pivoted during this time to extend her services where she recently launched a fantastic digital course, “How to Photograph Your Kids.”
Packed with tips and advice, “How to Photograph Your Kids” is broken up into small, bite-sized lessons so information can be absorbed quickly. This includes all of the mechanical and functional camera knowledge that you will need to know to get the most out of your camera and your photographs to learn how to take amazing shots that you can’t wait to frame.
“One of my favorite parts of the course is the ‘Working with Kids’ segment; it draws on my extensive experience as a professional child photographer and I reveal my tricks and secrets for getting kids to cooperate and work with you,” Jane says. “It’s just like magic.”
“How to Photograph Your Kids” photography course is jam-packed with clear and easy-to-understand lessons that includes:
- Everything about your camera
- How lenses work, and why you may need different ones
- The magic triangle of aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- How to use manual mode for complete control
- Metering and exposure
- Taking advantage of natural light
- White balance and how it affects your images
- The optimal focus mode for different images
- Which file types you should use
- Composition tips for creating more memorable photos
- Tips and tricks to get your kids engaged in photos
- The best time and place to take photos
- Tricks for better iPhone photos
- Basic photo processing tips for a better final image
“This course is kind of like an all-access, behind-the-scenes tour that shows people how to take photos that they can’t wait to frame,” she says. “It’s really going to step up people’s photography game,” she added.
The “How to Photograph Your Kids” course is $97. For more information: How to Photograph Your Kids