We are super excited for Halloween this year, especially with all of the fun events going on around NYC to get us into the spirit before the 31st. One event that my kids and I are really excited to check out is trick-or-treating at Lincoln Center.
Hosted by the LC Kids program, the all-ages event will feature trick-or-treating around the cultural campus, a parade to live music, a haunted scavenger hunt, a David Bowie tribute concert and dance party, and a number of additional free activities to delight all ages. Last year’s inaugural Trick-or-Treat event welcomed more than 10,000 people to Lincoln Center, marking it as a destination for families and children of all ages to celebrate Halloween.
The schedule at Lincoln Center includes:
On the public plaza areas:
11:00 am–1:00 pm:
- Trick-or-treating at Lincoln Center venues and public spaces
- Scavenger “Haunt” activity stations around the plazas, presented by Gateway’s Haunted Playhouse (Kids who participate in all five locations can win a prize.)
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan craft activity on Hearst Plaza
- Stilt walkers on Josie Robertson and Hearst Plazas
- #LCKids costume contest
- Partner giveaways and activities
12:00 pm–12:30 pm
Performance and costume parade led by Sammy Miller and the Congregation
*Presented by Jazz at Lincoln Center
At the David Rubenstein Atrium:
11:00 am–11:45 am
Storytime at the Atrium featuring My Teacher is a Monster! by Peter Brown
*Presented in collaboration with Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
12:15 pm–1:00 pm
Let All The Children Boogie: A Tribute to David Bowie by Spare the Rock Records (concert and dance party)
At the Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center:
Film screening of Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
*Presented by the Film Society of Lincoln Center
For more info, please visit Kids.LincolnCenter.org/Join.