The smallest act of kindness can change a life. This is especially apparent during this challenging time when so many people are struggling–both financially and mentally. Small acts and messages of kindness can help people find some relief, hope, and much-needed support. In our own community, we have been trying to do our part in small ways to show love to others as much as possible.
For our family, this has been both in small and big ways:
- Say thank you: We made a poster saying thank you to health care works and essential workers. The girls enjoyed making the poster, using items we had at home and then displaying it on our lawn. We are now donating it to a local high school student who is collecting thank you notes to be delivered to our local hospital.
- Support local businesses: Our local businesses have been hit so hard by this pandemic. We are doing our best to support those who are open as as well as to support those in need. This has been through social media incentives, such as the #StayStrongWestchester or purchasing locally.
- Support local charities: We also support local organizations such as Mount Kisco Interfaith Food Pantry and (914) Cares who are currently accepting food and diaper donations, respectively. Gullota House is also serving 1,200 families in need on Saturday, April 25 where you can receive meals as well as donate.
- Connect with friends: My girls miss their friends so much. We have been doing our best to send notes of love and kindness through writing notes and sending out letters. This has been a really special way for them to connect as well spread love when they can’t see them in person.
- Host a virtual baby shower: Since we couldn’t have a baby shower for my sister, I am working on collecting video messages from her friends and our family for a virtual baby shower. It has been amazing to see these well wishes and heartfelt messages, which I can’t wait for her to see.
How will you share your#ActsofLove to help others during this difficult time?
Help Feed Hungry Children
Struggling children and families need your help more than ever during this COVID-19 crisis. Feed the Children is accepting donations so they can provide food to those in need. Each dollar donated will provide $7 worth of the food and essentials we are working tirelessly to get into the hands of the most vulnerable.
Check out more information on how to donate today.