Finding the perfect gift idea for the traveler in your life can be really hard. Consider something special like ones of these NYC-themed gift ideas where they can show-off their love of NYC all year round.
1. For gift sets featuring everything NYC, check out NYCSubwayLine.net for a range of stylish tees, bags, hats, wallets and other accessories for Men, Women, Infants and Kids. A few of my favorites for the holidays are the Workout NYC Gift Set and the Cool for School Gift Set for the kiddos.
2. One of our favorite places in Brooklyn, the NY Transit Museum. In addition to checking out the old trains, buses and learning more about the history of the NY transportation system, you can check out their store (it’s also available online) for some gift ideas. Some of my favorites include the MTA Motorized Subway Train Set, the letter magnets as stocking stuffers and the New York City Token Watch for the old school New Yorkers.
4. If you’re in NYC from December 8th through 10th, you’ve got to check out the NY Handmade Collective, a shopping event featuring 50 indie vendors based in the tri-state area. At this shopping event, you can check out their amazing selection of handmade goods, including jewelry, greeting cards, art, beauty products, clothing, sweet items for baby, and more. Check out more details about this NYC shopping event here.
5. Another favorite is books, lots and lots of books. There are so many awesome NYC-themed books for kids and adults that would make amazing presents. Some of my favorites for kids are A Very New York Christmas by Michael Storrings, This is New York by Miroslav Sasek and the Mermaids on Parade by Melanie Hope Greenberg, to name a few.
6. And while NYC-based stuff is nice, there’s really no better way than to show your love for NYC than actually experiencing it! Check out the new Famous Original New York City guides to discover incredible things to do this holiday season and beyond!